Thursday, July 15, 2010

18 Things I’ve Learned About Book Marketing

Confessions of a Watery Tart For most of us, promo is the least favorite part of the writing process, even ranking under revision and agent pitches. For me, there’s really nothing that comes naturally about selling—so I’ve had to work at it. Publishers expect it, and with the competitive nature of the book market today, it’s really a necessity if you want to keep your books on the shelf.

I’ve promoted books from tiny publishers to very large ones. For a list of tips, please pop over to Hart Johnson’s blog, Confessions of a Watery Tart. :) Yes, the tour rolls on!

I'll also have an interview up on Fresh Fiction today, where Sharon Galligar Chance interviewed me for Sharon's Cozy Corner there.

And I had some exciting news from my editor yesterday. Delicious and Suspicious hit #29 on Bookscan’s mystery list, #31 Borders Group (BGI) Mystery list and #15 for the Barnes and Noble Mystery List, making the book a national bestseller. Thanks so much for all the support I’ve gotten here and at the bookstore, y’all!